Living at Latrobe Valley Village is greatly enriched by a significant and diverse group of volunteers.
Volunteering is a two way street. The benefits include:
- Enhancing the experience and satisfaction of an older person’s life
- Forming new and rewarding relationships, with our clients, staff and other volunteers
- Being able to exercise and enjoy your unique skills and interests. (We are almost certain to have one or more people who share these interests)
- Volunteers develop new skills and insights that contribute to their life outside Latrobe Valley Village
Good volunteering is about matching people and needs to the benefit of everyone.
Latrobe Valley Village volunteers come from all walks of life including:
- Retirees who wish to meet new people, share their skills and interests and stay active
- Professionals who want to contribute their skills and networks to community service
- Students and school groups whose lives are enriched by the interest, interaction and coaching of elders
- Service Groups such as Rotary, Church Groups and RSL, to name but a few
- People with skills to share
- People with a talent for entertainment and music
- Anyone can be, and benefit from, being a volunteer
How can I help?
Find out more by contacting the Lifestyle and Volunteer Coordinator on 5127 7476, weekdays from 9.00am to 4.00pm
Interested parties are reminded that all adult volunteers working within a retirement and aged services setting are required by law to have satisfactorily completed a police records check
Express your interest
Contact us for more information.