We understand that the need for an older person or a family member to enter into residential aged care is a difficult decision for most people. It may be the result of a significant health set back that requires a person to enter residential aged care.
This need quite often triggers uncomfortable feelings for all concerned, including anxiety, uncertainty, and even sometimes guilt. The stresses placed on the family group is magnified by the rather complex and involved eligibility criteria and process required to enter into aged care.
We’ll help you with the process
We are proud to offer one-on-one assistance with the most of the admission steps required, because like you we value old fashioned customer service!
Our Community Relations Officer is available to assist over the phone, email and also via appointment. We will step you through the process of what to do and how to understand Aged Care Fees in simple terms!
Once an admission date has been set we arrange for you to have a pre-admission appointment with a member of personal care team to thoroughly discuss all care needs and preferences for you or your loved one. We place an emphasis on having all the important information from the start of your care journey.
Some facts that are important to consider are:
- All residential aged care places are subject to eligibility requirements. Potential resident’s can contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 to arrange a Support Plan.
- Latrobe Valley Village is able to provide accommodation for those approved for Respite and/or Permanent care.
- Latrobe Valley Village is an ageing in place facility whereby resident’s continue to receive care in the same room irrespective of increasing support needs over time.
- Some residents, following an Income and Asset assessment completed in conjunction with Services Australia, may need to contribute an accommodation payment. Potential resident’s can contact the Services Australia Aged Care Assessment team on 1800 227 475 for more information.
- Latrobe Valley Village is committed to a holistic model of care which gives emphasis to lifestyle, quality medical care and personal relationships.
- Spending some time with the Care Manager and Community Relations/Admissions Officer will help greatly in understanding your choices.
- Planned periods of residential respite is frequently a safe, reassuring way to create a natural transition into residential care.
- We would be delighted to work with family members in maximizing the outcomes for our residents.
- Feel welcome to arrange a walkthrough of our facility.
Latrobe Valley Village offers:
- A welcoming, family friendly environment
- 24 hour nursing and personal care
- Dementia specific care
- A comprehensive Activities and Lifestyle program
- Quality meals prepared by our professional chefs, catered to resident’s dietary needs
- Function rooms available for private use. These may be reserved for gatherings with family and friends
- Coffee and tea making alcoves for residents and their guests.
- Family rooms and a sports bar
- Activity areas
- Games room
- Doctor’s consulting suite
- On-site hairdressing
- Library and internet access
- Weekly church services
- In-house “Corner Store”
- Landscaped gardens with courtyards, a pergola, raised garden beds and a sensory garden, as well as a potting room
- Spa-bath for resident use
- A residents’ laundry, in addition to a full laundering service
- A coffee-shop open twice a week